Do you have to be Catholic to attend Kelly High School?
- Kelly High School accepts students of all faiths. All students are required to take Theology classes, attend school liturgies, and fulfill a 25-hour per year community service requirement as described in our Student Handbook.
Is there a required Entrance Exam?
- Incoming freshman applicants are required to take the Kelly High School Placement Test. This test is part of the admissions process. The exam dates are set for the beginning of the Spring semester of your child’s 8th-grade year. The testing fee is $20 for pre-registration and $30 at the door.
- February 20, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
- March 27, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
- May 1, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. (**Make-up Test only)
- Incoming transfer applicants are required to take the Kelly Educational Development Series Test. This test is part of the admissions process. The exams are set throughout the year at 8:00 a.m. with the Director of Recruitment and Admissions. The testing fee is $20 for pre-registration and $30 at the door.
- EDS 1 (Incoming 10th Graders)
- October 13, 2020
- November 17, 2020
- December 15, 2020
- March 9, 2021
- April 6, 2021
- May 11, 2021
- EDS 2 (Incoming 11th and 12th Graders)
- October 15, 2020
- November 19, 2020
- December 17, 2020
- March 11, 2021
- April 8, 2021
- May 13, 2021
- EDS 1 (Incoming 10th Graders)
When is the Application for Admission for incoming freshmen due?
- The priority deadline for incoming freshmen is April 30. The $50 application fee must accompany the application to be considered. Enrollment fees increase for any applications submitted after May 1. Waiting lists are created for any classes exceeding 125 students.
Does Kelly accept transfer students?
- Transfer students are encouraged to apply. Acceptance is granted on a case-by-case basis after review by the Admissions Committee for freshmen through junior level students. Certain exceptions are made for senior-level students. Waiting lists are created for any classes exceeding 125 students.
When can I tour the school?
- Monsignor Kelly Catholic High School offers several opportunities to visit our school, including Prospective Parent Night/Open House, 8th Grade Shadow Days, or Personal Tours. Personal tours can be scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2 pm with our Director of Recruitment & Admissions.
How does Kelly accommodate students with different learning abilities?
- MKCHS carefully recommends students for placement in the appropriate class based on test scores and previous grades. Students may be placed in an AP course or a Pre-AP course for various subjects. We also provide students who have documented learning differences with an individualized plan of instruction that is kept confidential.
How much does it cost to attend Kelly?
- Kelly’s annual tuition is based on a sliding scale determined by the family’s household income. More information can be found on the Tuition tab on the website.
Is financial assistance available?
- Financial assistance is available to families who qualify. Once a student is accepted, the family must complete a confidential application for assistance and submit it to the designated outside vendor who evaluates the application. The Finance Committee meets in May of the prior school year to determine financial aid awards for applicant families. Any applications received after April 30 may be offered financial assistance if funds are still available.
What requirements do students have to meet in order to be accepted?
- Guided in our mission to serve, it is our goal to make MKCHS an accessible option for every applicant. Significant academic weakness, major discipline infractions, and class size limitations are the most common reasons for denial of acceptance. However, we still encourage every interested student to apply as each application is reviewed on an individual basis. Often MKCHS has been an excellent, fresh start for many students.